Our client is a globally operating supplier of Engineering Services. The company was established 30 years ago and employs 2000+ staff working in 12 global offices and multiple client locations. Clients are mostly large companies in industries like Transportation, Industrial machinery, Healthcare and Hi-Tech. Services include product design & development, embedded software, manufacturing engineering and data management & analytics. The vision of the company is to become the most preferred Technology Services partner for global companies who are leading innovation in the intersection of the digital and physical worlds.
About the client
- Responsible for the progress and quality of the work.
- Definition of software requirements, software architectural and detailed design, software programming and implementation, software unit testing, software integration, software subsystem testing, software/hardware integration and bug fixing for new product development and product maintenance.
- Applying Agile/Scrum working methods.
- Contribute to concept explorations, the technology roadmap and continuous improvement of processes.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and the use of modern software development tools.
- Knowledge transfer to colleagues, suppliers and third parties.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various firmware/software components.
- Performing Root Cause Analysis and providing support to service engineers.
Qualification & Skills
- Experience as a software engineer for embedded applications, preferably in medical devices or another regulated industry.
- Experience with model-based design, preferably Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with software unit verification integration
- Experience with C++, UML and FreeRTOS or other (embedded) Operating Systems
- Knowledge of MS Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server and other state-of-the-art software development tools.
- Knowledge of software architecture, design patterns and/or FPGAs is an advantage.
- A team player who can also work independently.
- Actively focused on achieving results and shared goals.
- Identify opportunities and take initiative to use them for the benefit of shared goals.
- Self-starting rather than waiting passively what happens.
- Being able to communicate in a clear way with others, making use of proper writing, speaking, and listening skills, in Dutch and English.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accurate and creative.
- Commits to quality.
Respond to Firmware Engineer
- Call me back