Retail Business Consultant
Our client is a large international IT company with an integrated portfolio of technology led solutions that encompass the entire enterprise value chain. Its domain expertise has been built upon decades of experience working across industries. As part of its customer-centric engagement model, dedicated teams are built around the domain and technology of each customer.
About the client
As a Senior Business Consultant, you will be an expert in your field within retail, being the go-to person for the latest market trends and technology innovations.
We expect Senior Business Consultants to develop strong relationships with clients, partners, staff, and associates, and are great at leveraging companies experience, expertise, and eco-system to deliver solutions for clients.
We are seeking to strengthen our team with people who can successfully lead delivery teams and add value to the performance of our business. You are expected to design and deliver major transformation programmes that can involve designing new services and operating models, building business cases and the subsequent change programmes, undertaking whole system/service evaluations, or delivering across complex, multi-partner implementations.
In your role as a Senior Business Consultant in Netherlands, you will be at the leading edge of the business transformation in your respective domain/ technology area.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of new opportunities with new and existing clients and markets.
- Developing new propositions that enable clients to meet future challenges which further develop the companies’ vision to become a strategic partner/ advisor to the client
- Using networks and connections to contribute to growth of the future revenue and sales pipeline
- Delivering high value strategic advisory programmes to clients
- Conducting service reviews system redesign and process improvement projects as required to deliver client objectives
- Supporting clients in defining, developing, and delivering their strategy through all stages of implementation, including developing business cases and roadmaps for transformation
- Leading project delivery, budget, profitability, and scope; recognizing and managing risks and issues
- Encouraging others to demonstrate innovative solutions and alternative ideas to a variety of problems
- Representing our company to clients and acting as a role model displaying integrity, innovation, and passion
- Keeping yourself up to date with the latest market trends and technology innovations in your domain
- Work with the Retail Business Consulting leadership team, Client Partner and delivery owner and co-own success and failure of the engagement. Additional managerial responsibilities will depend on assignment/ project requirement
- Desire to learn and always be better that yesterday, constantly and proactively improving your skills and capabilities
- Ability to work with clients locally, and with some travel to other locations in Europe
- Focus, determination, and tenacity to achieve excellence
- Initiative, the ability to work flexibly in a team, working comfortably without direct supervision
- Objective and effective listening
- Creative results-oriented problem solving
- Articulate and clear communications to mixed audiences – in writing, through presentations and one to one
- Multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Personal accountability – enthusiasm to develop your own projects and take ownership
- Calm and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and in a fast-paced, quick-changing environment
- Outcome focused approach and the ability to define the right path to get there
- Ability to create trusted relationships
- Understanding of the importance of networking and creating a strong network, and the skills to network autonomously
- Strong business understanding and credible experience with store administrations operations
Qualification & Skills
- Deep knowledge and experience in one or more key focus areas of our clients, including:
- Store operations: lean operations for administration tasks, store replenishment activity, checkout operations and strategy, stock loss.
- Supply chain: Planning & forecasting, stock replenishment, transport planning & optimisation, reverse logistics, supply chain visibility.
- Space, range and merchandising: macro space planning and optimisation balancing customer offer, financial performance and operational metrics; range building; merchandising principles and strategy
- Demonstrated ability in capturing and innovating business processes. Solid consultancy skills, whether from an organisation design, lean services background or otherwise.
- Solid understanding and experience of our clients’ markets and challenges
- Exposure to change management, knowledge of change management techniques is an advantage
- Expertise in business case development
- IT skills including Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mobile digital platforms
- Strong Programme and Project Management skills
Respond to Retail Business Consultant
- Call me back